speaking of shotpeening NOW true 2 litre

Well, the top half of my engine is going to consist of a mild p&p g60 head with a Callaway Turbo kit on it. I'm planning on stacking a couple metal headgaskets to bring down the compression. According to the builder of the engine (builds motors for SCCA people) that would be okay to do. I have a 268 cam too and will go the lightened flywheel route when the time comes. I'm glad winter is here personally, gives me till mid April to gather parts and get everything ready to drop in. I figure with the forged pistons and the strength of a g60 head, I should be able to run a reasonable amount of boost. If all else fails, I'll throw a RD head on it and be up and running.

Dan

marc_scirocco_Quebec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
I am building something very similar (83mm Mahle pistons * 92.8). I have
pretty much all my parts, including ARP hardware.

I am only missing a Schrick camshaft, and a lightened flywhell, and then
will get it balanced. I just got my Audi hydro head p&p (by me) from the
machine shop (valves/guides/3 angle job).

The sad news is winter is just around the block, so the motor will not go
into the car (along with a shortened ratio rack & pinion) until april...

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato