one Less MK1 on the road :(

Well,

I am really beginning to think that some higher force does not want me to
own a MK1.  Every time I get my hands on one and fix it up to the point I
like it someone comes along and ruins it.

This time I am sitting at a light waiting to turn left.  There is a tractor
trailer turning right, taking up the usual two lanes, when some idiot
swings around the end of the tractor trailer, comes flying by in the
painted median and nails the front end of my poor mk1 head on while I sit
in the left turn lane.

Nothing left of the front of the car, the engine is pushed into the fire
wall (nice dent even visible on the inside).

Now I am going to have to fight with the insurance company to get a fair
value for a modified MK1 that is over 30 years old...

On the up side, there was a witness that pegs the blame on the other
driver, and I am happy that it was on the way to work, and not when I going
shopping or something and had the twins in the car with me.

So it looks like I may have some MK1 parts available if I can't find
another one in the area to start work on.  And I just purchase a
practically mint dash for it too :(

Maybe I should simply buy a mk1 and store it.....
Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage