  From: Adrian
  To: 'Mark' ; 'shawn f' ; 'scirocco list'
  Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 4:24 AM
  Subject: RE: balancing.

  The reason why they need the pulleys is that need to retune the
  harmonics of the crank shaft once its been balanced.
  My machinist after he knifeedged my crank he took a look at my pulley
  and looked at me and said:
  This is garbage... if I put this back up we didn't really accomplish
  anyhting cuz were just putting back some more weight.
  So I guess he got me aluminum one. From where he got it, I have no clue.

  The engine is almost complete.
  Rods and pistons are still back ordered (dammit why do they have to
  always give you a hasle with custom stuff!

  Head will be done soon and will post pictures of it :)
  - Ported and Polished ( 2.0L 16v )
  - Head Converted to Solid Lifters
  - Black Nitrided SS intake Valves and Inconel Exhaust Valves
  - Valves are .5mm oversized and 1mm back cut for better flow.

  Now I'm a bit confused on whatever I should wait for UMS or get the DTA
  unit.
  Either way I will have to look at fitting the Gm sensorsso it's a toss
  up between the $2500 CAN ECU or the $250 Can ECU ;)

  Adrian C.
  Project Scirocco R2.oT - "The Turbocharged 16Valves of Fire Breathing
  Fury"
  ( 2.0L 16V T66 )