Modifing stock diffs.

Anyone know how to make a poor man's solid
differential?

I was looking at a stock diff the other day, is there
any ideas/proceedures on revoming the spider gears and
placing a solid link between the output cups( female
splined pieces that accept shafts the output flanges
mate to). Or doing away with the four internal gears
al together and placing a double splined ended
rod/shaft in there that the output flanges could mate
to?

I don't want to "weld to Diff" as I've been told this
wont hold, and having seen inside one of thes I can
see why...

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :)