OT: Black Jetta Highway persuit on TSN

Hey guys...
I though this would be interesting for u guys to hear.
Some guy in a 87ish Black Jetta was doing 100+ MPH while running from
the cops.
Direct quote from the surveilance choper guy.
"The car is doin 100+ MPH and our units are having trouble keeping up
with it." LMAO
My Father-in-law Looks at me ( who btw is a chevy fan ) and says
"its just a god damm jetta! What do u mean u cant keep up with it!"
at this im pretty much laughin so hard that im in tears.
My father-in-law looks at me and gives me the shut up look.
Not even 2 seconds latter the guy slams in the back of a mustang!
Turns sharply and keeps on driving!!!
At this the old mans like
"you gotta be fuckin kiddin me!!! That car aint no tank!! WTF its still
drivin?" and he was just getting more and more frustrated.
The idiot could have still going but! The ass pulled a u turn going the
wrong way on the freeway. I mean WTF was he thinkin.
He ran across the freeway and tripped in some bushes but it was enough
for the cops to catch up to him where they beat the shit out of him.

Anyway... I posted this as anoather Victory for VW over a domestic,
specialy since those domestics probably had about 3X the displacent of
the jetta :)

My Father in law finally got the message. Lots of displacement don't
mean shit. And VW is 100X better than any Chev, Ford or Chrysler !!!!
Like I said B4 I wont drive anything besides a VW !!!
And I owned then all, Caravan, Sentra, Daytona(ugh, big mistake), Shadow
(anoather huge mistake), Mustang LX, Cutlass Calais, then my first real
car my 81 Rabbit LS :)
Still have it to this day :)
790K and still runing strong, errr .. I mean till my brother got to it.
He killed the clutch and then SMS.
Well geee.. so I bought the Passat drove it for a few years while I was
slowly fixin up the rabbit. One day while lookin aroung the junk yard I
saw something got towed in. to my surprise it was a Scirocco :)
Man was I happy. Quickly popped the hood and looked around. Everything
wads there and the car looked in decent shape.
Looked at Rob ( my buddy who was workin there... anoather domestic fan
guy)
And asked him what was wrong with it. He told me that the PO couldn't
get it started. I went back I looked areound in the engine bay and
noticed that one sice of the coil had no wires going to it. I tough to
myself bingo!
I went back and the low balling began. 10 minutes later I and $50 hit to
my bank account I was walking out with the ownership of the scirocco :)
Went back a couple of hours latter pushed the car around a bit and
started looking for the wire. Found it! Crimped a connector onto it and
slit it on.
Then grabbed the booster and trew a decent battery on there.
I cranked her over a couple of times and she backfired. Hmmm ... I go
out and took a look. The PO must have been a idiot! He had the firing
order reversed too!!! OK, firing order fixed now, I got back in and she
started right up! WHOHOOOOO !!! about 10 minutes later I went to my
buddy and asked him to gimme a ride to the gas station cuz I want some
fresh premium for the car. On the way to the station stoped by my
buddies hop picked up the dealer plates and once we got back put the gas
in started her up and drove her home :) then a couple of week later I
spotted the silver one for sale :)
As posted earlie rpicked that one up for anoather $50.
2 weeks latter I got T-boned in the passat and the insurance replaced my
car. Went down to the local yard pick up the motor and the rest off the
stuff I needed for to swap th 2.0L into the scirocco.
2 weeks latter my dad pick up 2 jettas and a Audi 5000 CD Turbo Quatro
(damm him I wanted that car!!)
anyway ..
the silver on got scrapped after I found out that the floors were
missing. So I pulled everything I though I would ever needed and then
scrapped the car. Then my passats 5 speed went bad ( thanks to my dad,
shaft seal blew out and lost all then oil in the tranny and then by the
time I noticed what happened it was too late. 2 days after I noticed my
dad lost 1st due to some freak accident on the highway tried
downshifting into 3rd and when he slammed it he slamed it into 1st!!!
bye bye syncros! Then about 2 weeks later he killed 2nd as well. So I
started to work on the rabbit due to the fact that I ble out the turbo
on my digi1 turbo rocco.
So now im stuck with the trusty old rabbit. Ordered the new mounts,
axles and a clutch kit.
So now that car is 98% complete. And as far as the rocco, the engine is
sitting at the machine shop, finished. Now I need to find a good
transmission that will be able to handle the power.

Sorry for the long post :)
Thanks for reading.

Adrian C.
Project Scirocco R2.oT - "The Turbocharged 16Valves of Fire Breathing
Fury"
( 2.0L 16V T66 )