fuel Tank recall

seem somehow I got lucky...

My 85 had the same symptoms of a leaking gaz tanks, and I did try VWOA and
Dealership with no results, as they said  the recall did not cover my car...
I did get the gov sheets and wanted to get vwoa to pay for it, but my
muffler blew a baffle and this was more pressing at the time, so after
heading out to sears and told the guy I wanted the muffler changed, he
started telling me that it was the exhaust sheild, that was just a rattle, I
told him, do me a favor, CHANGE the muffler ok?

He nods and says, Ill fix that rattle at the same time, and in 2 movement
grabs a screw and DRRRRRR.. drill it into the floorboard of the car, as I am
smoking by the garage door, I turn around at the air compress noise coming
from my car .. and start laughing.. the mechanic looking at me start to
wonder wehat is going on, I finish my smoke and head back to the mechanic
working on my car.. and say... get your manager you owe me a new gaz tank.
he looks at me perplexed.. then I wipe my finger on the screw he just put...
and I smell it... Yep that is gazoline... gaz tank you just screwed into it,
not the flooboard.....AHAHA.... in the end., gas tank, fuel lines(love a
mechanic that does not listen to someone that knows how to do this gets
pissed and brake things.).. in the end gaz tank, brakes lines, brake
bleeding, 15g gaz,

Head out to your sears place.. and get your muffler changed.. mention a
rattling noise.. maybe ya will get lucky...AHAH

ATS - Patrick Bureau