Shimmy

The shimmy was before I parked it as a long distance driver.
I rotated four good HR Michelin tires over that one right front wheel.
Three drive shafts, the last of which I oversaw the rebuild and measurement of.
Have yet to replace the bearings, but I suspect that or maybe play in the
shaft where it joins the tranny.  If I were to bet money, I'd say it's play
at the tranny end. That bothers me.
On the 2.0l, if I can match the cam and compression numbers, I'd be quite
happy with a 145 8v, especially if it revved like my 79 German GTI Scirocco
CIS.
That was rated 110 PS/Pferdstunde/HP.  It just went "raawowwww!" and ran
all day at 130 MPH on octanes I probably can't reach here.
I miss driving daily at 160mph plus legally. Fun used to be going out with
a friend on the Autobahn and finding someone pushy to lead a pushy to lead
up to 140-150 mph then box him at both ends until his wife started waving
her hands at him or he put his blinkers on because his engine was smoking.
(Ate a lot of Corvettes and lesser BMWs that way between my 83' 911SC and a
friend's BMW M3).

I can't do it now ,so only want some reliable but strong VW power to enjoy.
My current love drives the German spec 210 PS 83' 911SC (imported the very
day the option closed of not having to meet EPA on 5 year old cars) and
handles it well while I dream of  210 HP Sciroccos.

My dear 2nd ex wife has an 88 6V she bought in a good deal with low mileage
in 1989. It's become an old lady's 16V. I now call her every few years just
to remind her about belt changes and to ask if she wants to sell it. I'm
not surprised, but, she hasn't fallen for my scam. Surely, by now, that 88
16V has 60-70K miles and probably it's third timing belt.

I'm looking very hard at the 2.0L 8V for my 86. Beyond that, if I win the
lottery, I'd probably add a Paxton and an octane booster IV.
I've heard some folks say the CIS makes up for the fuel/air demand but also
know Bosch offers very different CIS heads for each requirement. I know
that is at least so in the CIS/K Jetronic 911 series.

A raw VR6 fed by a Euro CIS Porsche head without any electronic control
other than 1974 vintage Euro throttle position and temp sensing? Surely one
of you has done it.  Maybe I will reconsider a VR6.

The line I still like is: "A Scirocco? Man, I had one of them when I was in
college!"
Too bad they didn't hang on.