How to make your "approach" when buying a VW?

--- Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1.)Should I show up driving my '83 VW Scirocco, acting
> like I know all about VW's since I truly do? (will that
> just make him think he can get more out of me?)

This would be my likely way of doing things.  I've always
had the best luck getting mega deals by pulling up in a
nice VW and going straight to the "trouble spots" on the
car in question.  I've gotten some really good deals over
years by knowing (or at least making that impression hehe)
what I'm looking at and talking about.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '82 Scirocco.
"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."  Livy.