  From: mr.utility@highstream.net
  To: L F
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org ; brett cooke
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:51 AM
  Subject: Re: (ot) i fought the law and the law won.

    He is, in essence, an
  > unbiased third party (i.e has nothing to lose or gain by ticketing you), so
  > his word carries greater weight than yours.

  Unfortunately this is not true.  Most precincts have a required minimum number
  of tickets they have to write per month...  I live in OK, and I always see the
  OHP more often at the end/beginning of each month...  Why?  $ is no.1,
  especially since 911, we are still in a little bit of a recession, etc...
  Oklahoma City went from approximately 60.00 for a 1-10 mile over the posted
  speed limit, now that fee has almost double, 133.00 for the same offense..
  Funny, I can't imagine why it is twice as dangerous to speed when revenues are

  Hopefully food for thought, and not fodder for ridicule...  :-D

  David                 fahrvegnugen