(ot) i fought the law and the law won.

  He is, in essence, an
> unbiased third party (i.e has nothing to lose or gain by ticketing you), so
> his word carries greater weight than yours.

Unfortunately this is not true.  Most precincts have a required minimum number
of tickets they have to write per month...  I live in OK, and I always see the
OHP more often at the end/beginning of each month...  Why?  $ is no.1,
especially since 911, we are still in a little bit of a recession, etc...
Oklahoma City went from approximately 60.00 for a 1-10 mile over the posted
speed limit, now that fee has almost double, 133.00 for the same offense..
Funny, I can't imagine why it is twice as dangerous to speed when revenues are

Hopefully food for thought, and not fodder for ridicule...  :-D

David                 fahrvegnugen