How to make your "approach" when buying a VW?

actually driving in your nicest scirocco does make a difference while buying
another..

why? simple.. I already got one! see how nice it is... I am only peeking at
what you got (low interest level)

The rest dan described3\ pretty well...and the pretty car usually gets the
guy looking at your car thinking "damn my car looks like crap next to his" ,
open the hood, show the pretty engine bay, you stare blanky at his rusty
valve cover and tired belts, mumbling.. belts, hoses, these wires will need
to be replaced etc etc...lol

The price start dropping seriously from there....

I did this for a car going for 1250$ and I swept it out from under his feet
after looking at the guy in 30 mins, I started my bid at 600$ he dropped to
900$ (big mistake when selling), he kept showing me the "cool" scirocco mud
flaps and other items that do not really matter, Well they are curved, paint
is off the lettering they will need replacements anyways and I can get those
on ebay for 15$ (he looked at me and mumbled.. I paid 45$ for those...)

so I got it for 750$ and the car was just fine to tell the truth.... well
worth the 900... tuned it a bit, fixed hoses, and slapped springs and a sub
race frame  sold it 6 months later for 1500. (grin) its all in the
delivery....ahaha

ATS - Patrick Bureau