turboing an 8v

Yes, I never stop for gas.  But I do occasionally have to stop for no. 2
diesel or reasonable facsimiles thereof... :)

And don't get me wrong - although the engine is HP challenged, if you
don't mind waiting it does spin up, and when on boost, with lots of air
flowing through the intercooler, it performs very well (for a 1.6.)  Top
speed, regrettably (or not) is limited by the pump's governor at 180km/h,
give or take - I have seen 4800rpm downhill, but can't top 4700 on the
flat.  That's .71 fifth on a 3.94 final drive.  The JH motor that came out
of the car could not come close to that with the same gearset in fifth,
but could do it in 4th (.91)

Drew