(ot) i fought the law and the law won.

Sounds like all things considered, it didn't go too bad. Still, if anyone was going to get let off, it should have been you. In the future, if something like this happens, take your car to an audio shop and have them do a DB test on it. Then you'll have hard results that say if your car is too loud or not. They're still debatable though, depending on how much someone wants to push it.

Dan

brett cooke <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
well, finally had the bench trial today for my stupid loud stereo ticket.
i actually did real well, and got the officer to admit that the distances he
heard the stereo from were approximated and that he had no real way of
measuring how loud the stereo really was, but i still lost. the judge was
real cool and told me i did a great job for someone defending themselves,
but that what it really boiled down to was that he was going with the word
of a experienced police officer over mine. he only fined me $25 though, so
it was well worth the risk. it would have been $110 just to waive it. i
still have complaints though, there was no way my car stereo was to loud,
and the officer basically admitted that it was just his opinion that it was
too loud and yet i lost anyways? i thought there had to be some measure of
proof? i mean afterall, i think he's guilty isn't grounds for a conviction
for anything right? oh well, what can you do.....

So Sayeth The Hitman