De : scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]De la part de Dave Ewing
Envoy? : dimanche 19 octobre 2003 23:39
? : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : Re: Snow/winter tires & driving (long, sorry)

With FWD cars you should have the same tires all the way around.  It's not
like the old RWD cars where you can throw some studs in back for traction
and take off.

Furthermore, I have learned my lesson buying cheapo stuff, even tires.  I
would stick with a name brand that will be able to stand up to any
warranty/guarantee that comes with the tire.  It's sort of like using a
cheapo oil filter or cheapo disty cap, just not much of a piece of mind with
that stuff.  I have had some cheapo tires do some strange things to me,
things that the more expensive tires that I run now have never done (like go
flat regularly, have bulges in the sidewalls, etc.).

HTH!

Dave

Dave