8v questions, what can I get from the yard?

Sadly Mark, I don't know the answers to any of your tech questions. I'll ask the guy who built the engine about it. I'm almost positive it is a bored out RD, either way it is a bored out 1.8L something. I was wondering about the forged pistons as well, I just figured that they're better than regular pistons, because, well um, they're forged and that seems to be a good thing. I think I heard somewhere forged pistons have a bit of a gap in the cylinder when cold and thus burn oil for a little while until they warm up. True? If it is, then that's kind of a bummer. Anyways, thanks for the info on fox vs golf manis. Hmm, swap everything to the pass side or get a shop to move the cold start a little. Not a tough choice there.

Dan