HELP Installing sunroof needed!

I recently repainted my car, and since the sunroof was from a golf I changed
to an original rocco sunroof. But now I'm having problems to make it work,
can the mechanism have to be installed in a specific way. Any tips would be
appreciated since I just passed 3 hours trying to put it in place an make it
work, ending with an headache! I plan to remove it again next Sunday and try
to make it working out of the rocco top, and put it back in only when I know
that everything will work back in place. This is the only final step before
I can ride back my car after the paint job done, and cannot see the end at
the moment!

PS: Will soon put a website with all the good paint job done on the car.

Many thanks,
Joel 87 16v