Rocco Honeymoon, Day 1

--- Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I wouldn't be surprised if it really was 16k.

Yep, Pagosa Springs, CO doesn't have much choice for AOL dialup, closest city was 60 miles away that I could dial into.  56k modem could only manage a 16k connection last night :-(.  Tonight, I'm flyin at 28.8 baby! woo hoo!  Ouray, Colorado ROCKS! ;-)

>Beautiful pictures though, way cool castle.

Castle was beyond words...just nutty.  Pictures, don't do ANYTHING justice that we have seen.

>Where are the rocc's gold rims though?

In the garage...205/50/15 Summer tires just didn't mix with what I thought I could encounter (snow).

>The view over that pass is amazing! All our decidous trees are now >white sticks due to lots of wind, stuff still looks very green in >southern CO. Keep up the great pics and interesting narrative. Looks >like I may have to save up and tour around CO myself sometime.

Yeah, as we head north, the trees are getting bare.  Nice use of decidous, btw.  Rare word. :-)

Having a relaxing evening here in Ouray...uploading the new pics now...will get Day 2 up here in a couple of hours :-)

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg