De : scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]De la part de Mike Smith
Envoye : jeudi 16 octobre 2003 15:30
A : car
Objet : Re: (ot) car length poll

OK, but what I was asking was what is the chance that all 3 land that way at
the same time.

Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote: no I am correct EACH coin has
a 50/50 chance of landing on either side
now  each coin flipped has that chance... individually, therefore the
chances remains the same, now the rarity that it will happen (all 3 50/50
flip tosses will land on the same side) is probably less as a combinasion
yes, but the 50% chance ratio remains constant through out the formula ..

Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
Somehow, I knew you would be answering this one, but I can't believe your
statement that it's still 50-50. You are saying that 50% of the time, all 3
coins will land all heads up (or tails up)? Not so. I don't know the correct
answer, but I know it can't be that. If that were the case, I'd be making
money off this one in bars.

Mike

Patrick Bureau wrote:
easy answer, since the odds of a coin flip are 50% heads or tails, there
fore the possibility of 3 coins landing on either side remains 50%,
now the odds that all 3 coins land on one common side (heads or tails)
beleive it or not remains 50% (quantity of coins does not change the odds)

Mike Smith wrote:
As someone was complaining about no homework, soo...

If you flip a coin, it has a 1/2 probability of landing heads up. If you
flip 3 coins, what's the probability of all 3 landing heads up? Please
supply formula as well as answer.

Mike

word (w{rd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
something. Sometimes used with up. Source

'85 2.0L Prowler Orange, Kamei X1 Rocco
'84 1.8L Silver Restoration and '83 Rocco Trailer Project