quaife

Um... yeah. Up in Maine one summer, I shreaded a tire and then shattered the wheel. All that was left was the hub which was still bolted to the disk. We were left with no wheel drive at all. So... to get around that little challenge, I simply kept my foot on the brake pedal to add some load. That produced enough resistance for the Quaife to work which got us 13 miles back to service. -gotta press on regardless!

P.S. I'll officially be "back" soon.
--
Scott F. Williams
(in reclusive scholar mode)