[cabby] shifter /linkage PART 2

Ok, so now that the circlip has been taken care of I have a new problem!

I ended up removing the whole shifter before recognizing the problem.
Now with everything back together, sometimes when you try to get First
gear, it actually engages reverse!

It was pretty scary the first time; was completely unexpected.  The
bushings feel shot, but could they be so bad that this would occur?  I
just need to be able to drive this car for this week until I can get
around to replacing the bushings this weekend...