damn butt dyno...is it lying? and header install thoughts...

At 03:00 PM 10/8/2003, Michael Abatzis wrote:

>--what kind of numbers can i expect with: 2l 16v, euro intake, 1.8 head,
>tt header/cat back, cis-e? i'm thinking around 120 at the wheels.

Yeah, it should be somewhere around there, perhaps a little higher.

A stock 2.0 will put out 115-122 to the wheels.  I got no power at all from
my Supersprint catless race header and exhaust (on the dyno), and my
butt-dyno told me that it was actually slower with the 1.8 head on it.

I assume you mean Euro Intake as in the 50mm runners, and not Euro intake
"cam"... right?

If everything is in 100% perfect running order on your car, you should be
happy with anything over 123 or so... With a Euro Intake Cam, I'd bump that
number to just over 130.

Keep us posted.  If you feel like doing a lot of driving, I'm doing a local
(outside of Pittsburgh PA) dyno day on Saturday the 18th. :)
Jason