From: "Adrian" <adrian.culda@sympatico.ca>
To: "'Dave Ewing'" <MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: RE: fuel to the fire: 16v's are BAD!

Hehe... and there's one thing that I forgot to ask the list...
If the 16V was junk why are they pulling the 1.8T 20V off the line and
replacing it with a 2.0T 16V on the Golf/GTi V Platform ???
Guess VW has made anoather bad decision ..right ??
And here's proof:
This text has been "copied" from Vortex site:

" Transmission offerings will include a six-speed manual, six-speed
tiptronic and six-speed DSG unit. Engine choices for U.S. cars should
include an inline-5 cylinder as a base-engine with 150-hp and a 16v
200-hp 2.0l 4-cylinder turbo as the uprated engine. The 2.0T will also
be the base engine in the next U.S. GTI model. The 3.2l VR6 will not be
available at introduction, but will be shown at a later date. 4motion is
reportedly in the cards for the North American market, but not
initially"

Link:
http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_65.shtml

I'm not debating whatever 16V are good or bad, but still don't
understand why there's this feud going on between the 8V's and the 16V's
???
Why cant we just get along???

Adrian C.
Project Scirocco R2.oT - "The Turbocharged 16Valves of Fire Breathing
Furry"
( 2.0L 16V T66 )