Q about another rattle..

Okay I'm not 100% following you here, but the joint you're talking about
between the midpipe and the downpipe is solidly attached (I know because I
wasn't able to seperate it in ~2 hours last time I tried.. any tips?) The
last time I had that joint apart was when I bought the car (.. 4 years
ago?) and I must have *stupidly* tightened that clamp too hard (one of
the many things I would like to go back in time and kick my own ass for
doing).

Are you saying that the two pipes are slid too far in to each other,
pulling the whole midpipe assembly forward?

Also, I just took a look under the car and the midpipe looks kind of
cockeyed relative to the rest of the car. The driver side is hanging lower
than the passenger side. The hangers are all there.. but it looks like
the midpipe is twisted about 10 degrees CCW from where it should be if
you're looking from the oil pan drain plug backwards. Again, probably my
own stupid fault.

I didn't notice this rattle until after I put the Superturbo muffler on.
Before that I had a stock muffler that was "returning itself to mother
earth" and rattled like a sonovabitch. So I suppose that could have
covered up the additional noise until I replaced it.

-Toby