  From: Dan Smith
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 9:35 AM
  Subject: fuel to the fire: 16v's are BAD!

  Don't believe me? Read this old forum response to someone from a top Drake guy. Don't want to read the whole thing? Let me quote the good bits. "DON'T (read that again DON'T) get a VW 16v.  They are absolutely junk." and "And, like I mentioned, it is a performce DOG. At 123hp (US spec), it is a weak puke of a motor." Hah! Haha! Take that 16vers!

  Dan