OT: BMW assistance

It's called www.roadfly.org

buy a bentley manual for E36.

jason
'93 320i

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks to you all, I am the guy to ask auto questions at my house. My gf called me yesterday asking me where her tranny fluid and her coolant bottle was. I don't know, I don't have mk4 engine bays memorized. (She accidently put ATF in the coolant section, since they were both similiar in color. $150 later, no damage and things are back to normal.) Now, my housemate has charged me with getting the info to fix his 95 325i BMW. From the sound of it, he blew his headgasket. A hose from the radiator to the block blew and the car overheated. Now it has very bad compression and according to the mechanic, who is a moron, he can 'feel air coming from other places so a whole rebuild is needed'. My housemate really wants to save his car, so does anyone know of a BMW forum similiar to Vortex where we can see how to rebuild his engine or possibly just do a swap? I know a lot of you own beemers so I assume someone's got info.

Scirocco content - My scirocco is making so many different noises that I can't remember them all. It's gotten to the point where I ignore them and just figure when whatever is making the noise breaks, I'll replace it. I'm pretty sure some day all of the sudden I'll leave the cartoon like trail of parts behind me and that'll be the end of it. Now, before bitching me out and telling me to sell the car, this rocc is a 100% beater, rust bubbles everywhere and generally not worth any effort to try to keep it well-maintained and running like a champ.

Dan