weird running problem...

Mine did the same.  Just shut off.  Next day it started right up and I
drove it home.  Maybe it's feature.  Did Microsoft have something to do
with VW?

When mine died I was running behind schedule and was about a mile and a
half from my house, so I decided to hoof it on back and get the GTi. A ride
would have helped time wise so I hung out the thumb as I went.  Do you
realize how hard it is to hitchhike these days?  Didn't get a single bite,
not even a nibble.  I guess everybody is just paranoid these
days.  Probably with good reason.

Chris