[TECH] 3a dyno in and I am disappointed, sorta...

got a dyno of yours ?

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco
=>Subject: Re: [TECH] 3a dyno in and I am disappointed, sorta...
=>
=>
=>Patrick,
=>
=>As you already know, i have the exact same setup in my Rabbit.  I
=>mean exact
=>(even to the flywheel).
=>
=>However, I've also noticed that the car isn't as fast as I
=>thought that it
=>would be.  I know that I was suppose to do some tuning on the
=>weekend but that
=>didn't transpire.
=>
=>With respect your numbers, you must remember that the factory
=>numbers are based
=>at the crank...the dyno you ran was measured at the wheels.  So I
=>would say
=>that you're dyno numbers are an improvement BUT not a significant
=>improvement.
=>I've been trying to think about how to improve them BUT I've gots
=>a coupla
=>exhaust leaks right now that prevent me from doing anything further.
=>
=>Maybe someone else can point us in the right direction....I hear
=>that a 272 cam
=>will work wonders in this sorta setup.
=>
=>HTH
=>
=>Sal
=>67 Peugeot 404
=>81 Scirocco 16V
=>84 Vwabbit
=>00 Mazda B3000
=>
=>
=>Quoting ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net>:
=>
=>> alright after all my work here is the results I got for my 8v....
=>>
=>> Best run 97.9HP @ 5200 RPM with 118.9 ft torque @ 3100 RPM,
=>dwell set at 60'
=>> and timing at 14' idle, 28' @ 3000 rpm.
=>> Worst paladin7run 93.9HP @5200 RPM with 116.3FT torque @ 2800
=>RPM, dwell set
=>> at 45' and timing at 8' idle, 23' @ 3000 rpm.
=>>
=>> Now I will list my mods to the engine so we can compare apples
=>with apples
=>> and maybe someone can post me their setup and I can figure out
=>where I am
=>> loosing/needing to concentrate my next series of mods/effort to
=>gain more
=>> out of this 8v.
=>>
=>> 3a block, oem specs pistons, rebuild 7K miles ago
=>> JH head with no mods on it
=>> 4-2 manifold, 2-3 eurosport downpipe, to high-flow cat to 2"
=>eurosport cat
=>> back.
=>> G grind Cam
=>> 8lbs flywheel
=>> scirocco 16v knock sensor and box (cis-lambda + knock)
=>> 16v air box intake
=>> OEM scirocco 85 fuel delivery pump and injectors.
=>>
=>> Things to consider;
=>>
=>> JH engine = 75HP(NET) @ 5500 RPM with 100 ft Torque @ 3000 RPM
=>> 3a engine = 108 (NET) @ 5300 RPM with 121 ft Torque @ 3200 RPM
=>>
=>> dyno link ->
=>> <http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/various/dyno/dyno%5Fatsgtx01%2EJPG>
=>>
=>> So basically I am in between them two engines... any thoughts ?
=>and if you
=>> have a dyno image I would like to have them please...(with
=>mods) so I know
=>> where to seek improvements
=>>
=>> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net
=>> ----------------------------------------------
=>> MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
=>> ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco
=>> ----------------------------------------------
=>>
=>>
=>> Scirocco-l mailing list