Kinda OT - Building on Allyn's webcam idea

ok, figured I'd just copy/paste the snippets from everyon's e-mail and
reply in one long e-mail rather then send out multiple copies.

It statrs.

ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> Oh yeah, whats in the cage..? bird of some sort ?

Thats the crate for my wifes dog, damn border collie/Lab mix.  PITA
animal if you ask me.

Rhett Farnum wrote:

> What about adding like a small ICQ chat or somethign similar to the side?
> Like Allan did that way veiwers can make fun of oyu when you do something
> stupid....

Thought about, just haven't bothered attempting to implement it yet.
Not sure that I want to either since I doub't I'll get that many
visitors to the garage cam once it's up.

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> This is getting out of hand. I thought reality TV on Fox was bad enough!
>
> Please don't tell me a camera in the bed room is next. Your ISP will not
> allow that!

This application really will be more for home security then anything.
All but the garage cam will not be publicly accessable.  As far as the
bedroom cam goes, my wife would shoot me and she knows where the guns
are so I take the threat seriously.

Allyn wrote:
> my god, what have i done :)
>
> if it wasnt for me building a time-lapse video, i would also have the pan
> and zoom type cam, but time lapse doesnt look too good when the cam is
> jumping all over the room :)

Thats right Allyn, it's all your fault.  You are correct though, for
what you are doing a PTZ really wouldn't work.  And a time lapse for the
project you are doing will be very cool.  However, since I'm just the
average garage monkey, not too many interestings things will be going
on.

> Oh yeah, whats in the cage..? bird of some sort ?
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net

>use the zoom, its his wife :)

That was just cold man.  I only put the wife in the cage when she swipes
the keys to the rocco and takes off without asking. >:)

William Snyder