'88 16v. need to diagnose fuel pump/relay problems

The Bentley shows that pins 2 and 3 (labeled 30 and 87) are across a contact that closes for fuel
pump operation.

The relay is on the upper row of the main panel (not the extension panel on the top) and is in the
2nd location from the left.  The 1st location on the upper left should be empty.

HTH

Ron