[OT] Question about mkIV Jetta headlights....

-DAN- wrote:

> My wife has an '00 Jetta and is interested in upgrading the headlights to
> those blue-ish HIDs. The drummer in my other band has an '01 Jetta and
> mentioned something about them getting hot or some other malfunction (he's
> not very car savvy, so he couldn't' elaborate).

If you mean "bluish" regular bulbs in the stock housings, forget it -
they suck, put out less light, and (IMHO) look stupid.

If you mean upgrading to full factory HIDs, it can be done, but it's
hideously expensive.. ~$2200 for a set.

A great upgrade would be go to go to stock euro lights.  The
Potterpeople stock them at $375/pair...

<http://tinyurl.com/wwp2>

--
Kevin Collins