[OT] Question about mkIV Jetta headlights....

My wife has an '00 Jetta and is interested in upgrading the headlights to
those blue-ish HIDs. The drummer in my other band has an '01 Jetta and
mentioned something about them getting hot or some other malfunction (he's
not very car savvy, so he couldn't' elaborate).

I'm just wondering what, if any, y'alls experiences would have yielded.

Thanks in advance!

Dan Snow
(2.5) '87 16v Sciroccos
(1) '81 Rabbit Sportruck
http://www.takkenband.com/
http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

"You can have my Scirocco when you pry it off of me with the Jaws of
Life." - Mike Smith