Gas milage query and part info questions

> 	First off, I have a question for all the 16v'ers as to what kind of gas
> milage you all are getting and if known at what dpr settings (ma
> reading).  I currently have my dpr set to flux between 5.25 ~ 7.50 and
> I'm averaging 27/29 with mixed city/highway and about 31/32 with
> straight highway while loaded down (2 passengers and luggage for all 3
> of us).  I'm just wanting to see if someone is squeezing more outta
> these engines and if so, how are you doing it?

I'm running 10 +/- 1 mA. I get about 36 mpg highway and 25 mpg city.

I was kickin' ass at high rpms for a while at 5 mA (stock cis-e injection
with 9A block) but I decided I was using the low end 'more' and gas was
getting expensive right around the start of the war so I set it at 10 mA
and haven't really played with it since. I've just gotten used to the 2
liter being a little slow up top compared to my peaky 1.8 16v. Time for
new injection I guess (cis-e motronic?). Or maybe one of those Autotech
fuel enrichment devices that actually adjust the dpr current instead of
just trying to fool the coolant temp sensor, if I can find a used one for
a reasonable price.

When I had it at 5 mA I was getting significantly worse mileage; about 23
mph city and 27 mpg highway.

Oh yeah-- but I should mention that this is somewhat 'biased' because when
I ran 5 mA I had the stock 3.67/0.91 r&p and 5th and now with 10 mA I'm
running 3.94/0.80. The overall ratio is a /little/ taller with the new
combo, making for better mileage.

It's funny.. I thought my mileage would be worse with the 3.94 final, but
it has actually improved even when I'm not in 5th at all because I wind up
shifting up one more gear than I used to when I'm just cruising down the
road. The result is a lower cruising rpm than before and better mileage.
But I also get better acceleration due to the snappy final. Weird, huh?

-Toby

BTW: I've found that on my car at least, the only dpr currents worth
using are 10 mA and 5 mA. Anything in between just seems to suck at all
rpms, and the extremes (2.5 mA or 15 mA) make the engine sound unhealthy
and don't give me any noticable improvements. This has just been my
observation; I don't have any facts or data to back it up.