From: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@attglobal.net>
To: "T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: less torque steer with quaife?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:45:38 -0800 (PST), "T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu>
wrote:

>A question for those of you who are lucky enough to have a LSD in your
>roccos: does your car exhibit less torque steer than before? More? None at
>all?
>
>Drivability-wise this is a big downside to my current setup. I'm pretty
>happy with the amount of power I'm making but it's a pain to have to hold
>the steering wheel so tightly to try and go in a straight line under full
>or even part throttle.
>
>If a Quaife would make this go away then that would be just one more
>reason to get one. The tough part is coming up with the money ;)

The difference it made in my car was huge.  I live on a country lane
and there is always gravel on the pavement where you enter the main
road.  Before the Quaife, a little too much throttle and the car would
head straight for the opposite ditch, no matter how hard you steered
left.  Now, just crunching of gravel by both wheels and the feeling
you are actually steering the power onto the main road.  It makes a
noticeable improvement in the way the car drives, whether you are
thrashing it around or just going to the supermarket.
Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9