OT: garage heaters

My Dad has a workshop and years ago got a potbelly
stove. It burns coal. I had to replace the pipes that
vent out the smoke to the ceiling (the chimney part on
the roof was fine). He got a load of coal 3 winters
ago for $300. That stove throws so much heat, its
really great. The shop is all drafty and uninsulated,
but heats up nicely. I could do my own bodywork in
there if I knew how to. The rocco has that classic
rust spot by the driver's door handle. The rear glass
has to come out to get some rust out too and the jetta
has a few spots. Anyway I'd get another old school pot
belly stove ina NY second if I was heating a shop.

In my drafty and uninsulated apartment I have a
delongi radiator that heats up coils in oil, as
described below. It gets pretty hot but so does my
electric bill.  Its like another $30 a month when I
use it.

Marko

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> How about those plug in, radiators with the oil in
> them,  they seem to work
> pretty well.
>

> Brian 86 16v
> 98 Jetta GLX Vr6