HID Lights - anyone installed them.

This guy has HID option for MK1 and MK2s using the stock headlight size.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1108856

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
90 Corrado TDI

--- Paul Maione <paulmaione@videotron.ca> wrote:

>Has anyone installed HID lights.  What type did you use.  How did you do
>it, etc...  Are there others cars we could salvage HID systems from a bone
>yard for a lesser price than buying them brand new.

i attempted it, but i had to remove them. basically from what i
had put together, the lenses on scirocco's (euro lights) are
fluted. all those vertical lines going up and down the glass
are there to aim the H4 beam. when you install HID's the light
power overpowers those lines and it basically not possible
to aim.

they we're all over the place, and i knew i would of gotten
hassled by the fuzz eventually. the only way that i think it might
work is if you make new lenses that are clear.

paul