OT: HELP!!! for 00 Jetta

Dan Smith wrote:
> Please help ASAP or I won't make the next Cincy,
> unless it's in an urn!

That's too bad. Can I have your 'rocco?

Oops,  I shouldn't let that cloud my thinking. I don't know
about the 00 Jetta specifically, but the ABS light can go on
for lots of reasons.  The more common ones center around
the sensors at the wheels.  The toothed sensor ring can
become dirty, fooling the pickup sensors. The sensors
themselves can become dislodged or back away from the
toothed ring. The connectors to the sensors can loosen.
It may also indicate worn pads.

I start by cleaning the sensors with spray brake cleaner
and making sure their connections are solid. Then check
the thickness of the pads.  If that doesn't fix it, I'd have
to take it to a real mechanic. :-)

Good luck,
Kent