From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 12:30 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Rally of the Tall Pines - 2 Sciroccos entered - Anyone going?

http://www.tallpinesrally.com/2003/Home/Welcome.asp

Nov 21-22, Bancroft, Ontario, Canada (less than 2 hour drive from
Toronto)

I went a few years ago and had a blast, anyone thinking of going?

Saw some really cool cars, and met some great people.  Too bad Frank
and Dan Sprongl don't drive their 80's Group B Audi Quattro anymore,
that thing was insane - the same breed of Rally cars that got banned
because they were WAY too fast.  I think Canada was the only country
in the world that still allowed those cars to race.  They drive an Evo
6 now, pity...

Funny Scirocco moment - I was talking to the owner of an 82 Scirocco
while his car was being tech inspected.  He was asked to put his wiper
on, and in 20+ year old VW style it began to SLOWLY crawl across the
windshield.  In a valiant attempt to defend his poor Scirocco he said
"IT'S DRY!...  IT'S DRY!..." as we both started to laugh...  I'm sure
you single wiper owners can relate.  :)

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K