Speaking of our cars being possesed

I noticed Cathy making mention of exorcising the deamons from our cars in an
earlier post.  This is definitly the truth.  I just make a trip from north
Ga to Gulf Shores Al last weekend where on the way back I smacked a nasty
pot hole that managed to jar my axel nut loose on the drivers front.  I
noticed the change in alingment but figured that thats all it was.  Upon
inspections when I got home, I found some serious negative camber and a
loose axel nut.  Jacked the car up, tightened the axel nut back, camber
issue exorcised.  Car drove fine untill Friday when my car hit 266,666.
within a few miles of reaching that the bearing started making it's deth
call.  Didn't have time to deal with it yesterday so today began the great
ceramony.

I didn't have access to a press to do the bearings so I just swipped the hub
of my wifes totaled cabby.  Replaced the control arm and ball joint since
they also needed it.  What a difference it makes.  So for now the deamons
are gone, though I hope I haven't spoken too soon.  Just thought I'd add to
Cathy's comment and let everyone know how I've been spending my day.

On a side note, I'm swapping the engine from my wifes old cabby to the new
one and figured I'd go ahead and replace most of the gaskets and seals along
with the lifters.  I'm also wanting to paint the block and head so what kind
of paint should I be looking for.  I know it needs to be high temp, but any
particular brand that has a nice gloss black that will do the job and not
flake off.  I am going to clean the block with a wire wheel first to remove
all the crud after a degreaser bath.  An I also know not to wire wheel the
surface areas of any water flanges or other orafaces.

Thanks,
William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v (R.I.P.)