Seized piston removal ideas (ABA)?

Mark wrote:
> If you plan on reusing the piston (if it were mine and stuck that bad
> probably wouldn't), you could try cutting a piece of 2x4 to the shape
of
> the piston, and pound on it with a mini-sledge to get it to move.

Heat won't hurt.  Heat the piston, not the engine block
(which would take way too long).  Let the piston cool
-- the expansion and contraction should help break rust
bonds.  I'd let the PB Blaster work it's magic for another
week.  Maybe do the heat/cool cycle a few more times.
Then I'd take the 2x4 (soft wood to soften the blow),
align it along the connecting rod pin axis, and wail at it
with a BFH. [1]

Kent

[1] Big "Fine" Hammer