From: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 6:01 PM
Subject: Seized piston removal ideas (ABA)?

> Hi guys and gals - after a week of soaking the combustion chambers in PB
blaster, I had no luck and decided to disassemble the bizatch.

> I got the other three pistons out (1-3) and the crank out no problem, but
I'm not having any success with the seized one. I tried pounding on it from
top and bottom (tap area covered with multi-layers of a rag), but it won't
budge not so much as a millimeter.

> Is this an instance where I can use my propane torch to heat it up? Will
that help break anything free? If so, how does that specifically work? Any
other ideas?