From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Gordon Forbess
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:13 AM
To: Brian Wagner
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Cutting shifter

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:49:10 -0800 (PST), Brian Wagner
<brian_wagner@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Ok, if you want a shorter shifter go the the junkyard and find an 83 or 84
GTI. Pull the assembly the main rod is shorter and straight (I am refering
to the rod that the shift knob screws onto sheez).

Here's a pic of an 83 GTI shifter in my car.
http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/dashlft.jpg

The original 75 shifter was also straight, BTW and about an inch
longer.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9