  From: Mark
  To: 'Julie Macfarlane' ; Wolfsbrg8v@aol.com ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 10:53 PM
  Subject: RE: Shifter play

  I've also had to squeeze the "box" that the rubber ball fits in to
  eliminate play.  I've upgraded all the shifter related stuff on many
  vw's and even with a brand new ball, almost all of them required a
  squeeze to fit snug.  A big set of channel locks works great...  I also
  don't grease the hell out of this area because it seems to attract a lot
  of dirt which accelerates wear of the rubber ball.  Go easy on the
  grease...

  Mark.
  80 S
  81 S  ABA/JH/4K