From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
Sent: Nov 13, 2003 10:04 AM
To: car <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Shifter play

Which Scott is that?

Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote: Its not just the linkage, it is also the bearings and washers with in the
system. The kit can be bought from germanauto.com or parts4vw.com.
Takes just under an hour to rebulid most of the bearings and adjusting the
shifter.
I think Scott is making a solid shifter system for MKI and MKII's for a good
cost as well.

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com
www.montgomeryweb.org
Amsterdam NY

>From: mr.utility@highstream.net
>To: derrick floyd
>CC: scirocco
>Subject: Re: Shifter play
>Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:23:47 -0500
>
>Look at missinglinkz.com... They have a kit for about 100.00, and it is
>FAR
>superior to the factory linkage... Once you get it, you will not know how
>you
>tolerated the car without it... I LOVE mine, and I will be getting another
>set-up for the Scirocco...
>
>David
>
>Quoting derrick floyd :
>
> > In my scirocco 16v I have a LOT of shifter play. when i'm in any gear I
> > can wiggle the shifter around like it isn't even in gear. Does anyone
> > know how I can fix this problem? its starting to get annoying and soon
> > i'm going to start missing shifts and grinding gears because of it.

word (w?rd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source