$10k MK1

It would ABSOLUTELY cost a bit more than $10k to have
BSI build that car for you. Does that mean that you
couldn't build something similar cheaper if you did as
much of the work yourself as possible? No. Does it
mean that the car is worth $10k now? Not necessarily.

$10k is expensive for an ITC car. Many go for $3-7k.
But if it really does have "all the right parts" and
was built by BSI, it could be worth it for someone who
wants to buy a car that can win right off the lot.
Heck, those Panasports alone are $1300+. The
Revolutions are probably also that much. That's
pushing $3k just for two sets of wheels...and it comes
with four sets.

One thing that is very important to remember is that
in "real" racing you often encounter situations where
you spend large sums of money to get tiny amounts of
speed, simply because of limitations in the rules. The
engine is the perfect example. A 1.6L is required by
the rules, and modifications are heavily restricted,
but that doesn't mean they don't spend a ton of money
to make everything perfect within the limits of the
rules. 5hp means a lot on the banks of Daytona! But if
they didn't limit the rules, you'd probably see $20k
Sciroccos the next day.

I've seen a $60k ITS RX-7, and it clearly could have
really cost that much to build. I then watched my
friend take is <$20k car and run with him for the
lead. But my friend spent a LONG TIME
building/sorting/tuning his car himself.

Time+Skill=Money.

I find it especially interesting that Rich (of all
people) is doubting the worth of this car. I seem to
remember that you spent something like that on your
1.8t, which was built by someone else.

Neal
Quite possibly another $10k Mk1...
...but I don't really want to know!