Buyin Mk1

Check for soggy carpets, window seals are tough to get, (and these can
corrode electrical stuff too) and pull up the carpet, look along the edges
of the floorpan, that can be fixed, but will give an indicator of the
overall rust situation. A very rotted MkI will still feel amazingly sound,
so DO check those suspension attachment points, (rear axle, A arm, strut
towers) . As for transferring stuff, suspension, drivetrain, it can all be
swapped, it' still the same basic floorpan. Styling bits are more specific.
Hey, I have some black interior parts if you're interested, from my poor 80.
I can send you scary pictures of the bad areas if you like...(and pretty
pictures of Klaus' underside...)

But buy the thing, you'll kick yourself if you don't. Mine have both been
easygoing mechanically.
Cathy