Water on floor?

Yes; the windshield seal is a definite leaker.

I siliconed mine about 3 years ago and it has still held (to my knowledge).

My eventual plan is to pull the whole dash and design some sort of
gutter/drain system so that if it ever starts leaking again, it won't
leave me with a terrible soggy mess of an interior like it did the first
time. I'll just run the drain tubes down to the A/C drain tube so I won't
have to drill any additional holes in the floor.

I've never seen a Scirocco with the dash out, so I don't know exactly how
things look and fit.. but I figure I will remove it "for kicks" next
summer, zip-tie and wire loom all my wiring, and figure out this leak
gutter thing while I'm there.

-Toby