Water on floor?

At 01:03 PM 11/9/03 -0800, Ed Maikranz wrote:

>Greetings.
>It has finally rained here in dry west Texas, and
>after 3 good days of rain I found the carpet behind
>the drivers seat in my 78 is soaked. I havent had a
>chance to look for where water is coming in yet, are
>there and common places to look on this car?
>
>Ed Maikranz
>Abilene, TX
>71 Superbeetle
>78 Scirocco
>81 Westy (for sale)

Rain on the floor.  Oh well, it's ruined-better sell that rust free TX
car to me.  lol, just kidding.
Besides the sunroof drains, if you have them, I would check windshield seal,
the rain tray in the engine compartment and drain holes in the doors.  If
the rain
tray drains are filled with crap then it fills with water and comes in
through the
heater box.  And if the door drains plug then it overflows into the passenger
compartment.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe