Buyin Mk1

Well, i found a deal I couldnt pass up.  1981 Mk1 Forest Green with no interior but it runs... Got a few questions that I have to get out first.. 1) Is this car carbeurated? or do these usually come with the 1.7 FI? 2) Any other things I should check out before buyin the car? I have a 1.8L JH and an '83 MK2 sitting in my garage ready to go in it, but I want to make this go as easy as possible... What can / cant I swap form one to the other...

Thx a ton,
Adam