Can't tighten my Power steering belt anymore...

Check the power steering pulley itself if you haven't already. I once had a rock fling up and bend it. I lost power steering randomly and other times it'd just squeek like hell. I just got the pulley bent back into shape and all was well again.

Dan

A J <asbfooh@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks everybody for helping me with the clutch cable
thing !! I'm gonna put an 8 valve cable in there
(thanks T-Reed
) It sucks its snowing in other parts of the country ,
only rain here (Nor-Cal), Went to the junk yard today
and was checking out a new car in the lot , 8v in
bronze with some so-so condition black leather seats ,
are those seats worth anything ? But I've been
fighting this power steering belt for so many months ,
I cant get it any tighter , the bolt bent twice ,
first I changed the belt to the smallest power
steering belt available according to Peninsula VW here
in town (good shop, they cater to older VWs mainley
air cooled, cheaper than New Dimensions if you in the
South SF Bay area) . I got the new belt on and it
still is so loose , the bracket had been repaired by a
previous owner so I changed it , it was still the same
. So now it's raining and the power steering goes in
and out . Would the pulley size have anything to do
with it ? Thanks everyone - Aaron in San Jose Ca

PS, great fix for drooping moulding trim and
refastening body kit pieces - 3m Body Moulding tape
available at body shops -