OT: Lotus Elise

I visited the Lotus Factory yesterday (took my dads Elise in for a
service).
They are indeed building them with the190bhp Celica engine in them.
I say go for it, the car is awesome. astoundingly quick, crazy pick up in
5th (overtaking is a dream)
Race bred chassis and suspension.

If i had the cash i'd be real tempted to get one!

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Kevin Collins       |
|         |           <kcollins1@socal.rr.|
|         |           com>                |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           scirocco-l-bounces@s|
|         |           cirocco.org         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           07/11/2003 07:25    |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                            |
  |       To:       Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                  |
  |       Subject:  OT: Lotus Elise                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                            |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The Elise is almost here - anybody been reading up on the specs of the
US-spec version?  1975 lbs.. 190 hp Toyota motor, Toyota 6-speed tranny.
0-60 in about 4.8, R&T has standing 1/4 at 12 FLAT (??!!), C&D says
12.6.  And straight line speed ain't even what the main fun is about.
Cost? $39k, arriving in the spring, line forms to the rear.  Anybody
else have a boner for this thing?

I have a buddy who put down a deposit last January at the LA Auto Show
and he's like #20 in line in the whole USA.. and probably is going to
pass.  I'm SORELY tempted to take his spot off his hands and put it to
good use..  :)

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA